Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Kristi's New Do

A couple months back you got to see Aussie-Josh so I decided it was my turn to try out a new look. This past weekend I headed to a recommended stylist in the CBD and, 4 hours later, I came out with much shorter, blonder hair. Below are the before, during, and after pictures. I have to say that the streaks of white through my hair weren't exactly what I was expecting (that picture doesn't really do it justice), but the stylist continued to insist that I would come to love my new 'Fun Melbourne' hairstyle :)

In other news, you may be wondering how the triathlon series is going that I told you about back in November. Well...not so great which is why I haven't really said much about it! A quick recap of the last three events:

Race #2: After only running once between the first triathlon and the second I felt so unprepared that I chickened out and skipped Race #2.
Race #3: This race was in early January just after holidays/travels/family visits, and again I was bad and only ran once between the date of Race #2 and Race #3. This time I couldn't justify skipping out since I had paid to do the series, so I showed up and raced. The swim was awful due to rough waters - it turns out they pulled 65 people out of the water that morning, so I guess I should have been happy to just finish even if I was last out of the water again. I managed to pass a few folks on the bike and run, which were slightly more enjoyable than the swim (although it did rain - what is it with me and the weather on race day?)
Race #4: This past weekend was yet another race. I had trained a bit more (at least 3 times!), but with the move it hasn't been ideal. Race morning I learned that the race was longer than a regular sprint tri - a 16 mile bike and 5 mile run instead of the regular 12 and 3 - not great news for me. Fortunately I had the best swim of the season thus far (which means I swam the whole way without choking on too much saltwater and doggy-paddling), but I still ended up last out of the water. I didn't have a great bike or run, but I somehow managed to finish without stopping or walking.

I'm beginning to think this tri series wasn't such a good idea for me - we've been so busy and it has just taken a back burner - but maybe if I actually trained I might enjoy the sport a bit more in the future. The next race is in two weeks time and I can't imagine much will change between now and then, but I'll let you know how we go.

6 comments:

haarsby said...

I think your new hair looks sassy! And, I think its a pretty great feat that you finished to race without stopping or walking :-) So go team! Love you big sis!

TriShannon said...

Love the new do! Looks very edgy from the picture!

And with limited training you should be very proud of yourself. Wish I could be there to encourage you like you always are for me here.

Unknown said...

The hair is cute...I was prepared for awful....I agree with Heidi...sassy and swingy! Hang in there on the tri series; you're doing great for the minimal training you've done.

Unknown said...

Cute hair! We need more pics for full inspection! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new hair!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you!!! I should have been the one doing your hair!!! You look fab as always! Hope all is well very busy around here we should chat sometime!