Here we are, team 'Accenture10' at the BRW SuperSprint Corporate Challenge Triathlon. Signing up months in advance to have the pleasure of squeezing into lycra suits that were a bit small, early on a Sunday morning with 5,000 of our closest friends in Melbourne. In the picture are Josh, Ryan and Pras - two of the three had been training and even racing the week before just to stay in shape....one had just been working and eating biscuits :-)
Each of us had to complete the entire distance of 400m swimming, 10k biking and 4k running on our own and then hand off the timing chip to the next guy. I went first into the bay, then Pras and then Ryan to bring things home. The water was a great temperature, there was a bit of wind on the bike and luckily the run was amazingly flat. We had a lot of fun, Pras turned in an amazing 15:23 run, I had a good bike and for never having raced a triathlon before Ryan was amazingly calm and collected the entire time. It turns out that we must have done something right, 2:25 total brought us 70th place overall (out of over 1600) and the first Accenture team by quite a ways. There are a number of other corporate challenge triathlons around Australia in the coming months and we haven't decided if we're going to talk any trash to the other Accenture offices to see if they can beat us....but they'd definately have their work cut out for them because we are F...A...S...T!
Oh yeah, you should check out the Flickr account to see more photos. Let's just say that the new camera is AWESOME and got some amazing action shots. Nothing like hearing the clicketty-clicketty of rapid fire shots from the camera to make you feel like a rock star - I think I smiled the entire time. Of course now that we're in the "day-after", my legs are reminding me that I didn't train much, I'm a fair bit out of shape and that next time I want to do something like that I should check with my body first. Oh well - wasn't the first time and won't be the last that I'll feel like that I'm sure. Coming up in the next month we have the World Swimming Championships and the Australia Grand Prix, fast-paced experiences perfect for honing our photo skills.
Each of us had to complete the entire distance of 400m swimming, 10k biking and 4k running on our own and then hand off the timing chip to the next guy. I went first into the bay, then Pras and then Ryan to bring things home. The water was a great temperature, there was a bit of wind on the bike and luckily the run was amazingly flat. We had a lot of fun, Pras turned in an amazing 15:23 run, I had a good bike and for never having raced a triathlon before Ryan was amazingly calm and collected the entire time. It turns out that we must have done something right, 2:25 total brought us 70th place overall (out of over 1600) and the first Accenture team by quite a ways. There are a number of other corporate challenge triathlons around Australia in the coming months and we haven't decided if we're going to talk any trash to the other Accenture offices to see if they can beat us....but they'd definately have their work cut out for them because we are F...A...S...T!
Oh yeah, you should check out the Flickr account to see more photos. Let's just say that the new camera is AWESOME and got some amazing action shots. Nothing like hearing the clicketty-clicketty of rapid fire shots from the camera to make you feel like a rock star - I think I smiled the entire time. Of course now that we're in the "day-after", my legs are reminding me that I didn't train much, I'm a fair bit out of shape and that next time I want to do something like that I should check with my body first. Oh well - wasn't the first time and won't be the last that I'll feel like that I'm sure. Coming up in the next month we have the World Swimming Championships and the Australia Grand Prix, fast-paced experiences perfect for honing our photo skills.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun race! You guys are definitely F...A...S...T!
WHAT... no post race beer?
Now that Accenture has your team on board...Tiger Woods may have to move over and share the spotlight!! Congrats on a race well done.
Post a Comment