
It doesn't seem quite like Halloween - there's no blizzard warnings or little kids running around all dressed up and asking for candy, nor jack-o-lanterns on doorsteps or ghost and goblins adorning the lawns. Apparently there is some acknowledgment of the holiday in Australia (our local movie rental store had cobwebs and spiders up throughout the store yesterday), but they really don't get into it like we do back home. No costume parties and not even much trick-or-treating from what we've heard. We've put up our decoration in honor of the holiday, but there will be no candy this year (probably a good thing as it would be similar to the year we were in Minneapolis when it was so cold we only had 2 groups of trick-or-treaters that braved the weather, and we ended up eating all of the rest of the goodies ourselves!)
On another note, I went past Fed Square today and they already have the big (metal) Christmas tree up. I don't know how long it's been there, but they could have at least waited until November!
3 comments:
Glad to see you are still in the spirit!
I wasn't sure how many to expect tonight and traffic was pretty light, so I'm afraid I'll be *forced* to take care of the leftover kit kats and Three Musketeers. ;)
Even worse... I went to buy Halloween candy and it had already been replaced with Christmas candy. What? You couldn't wait until after Halloween? I had to pass out (and eat) Christmas candy.
Post a Comment