Friday, November 2, 2007

Clean Cut Aussie

The summer is fast approaching and it is time to clean up, shape up and get a move on. With Ironman training underway the shaping up and moving hasn't been a problem, but not having a haircut since before the trip to Germany the 'clean up' was lacking. The motivation presented itself this week with a new fundraising campaign for men's health issues: Movember. This annual event started in Australia and has now raised over $8.5million dollars towards prostate cancer research and awareness. The concept is simple, start the month off with a clean shave and then see how the mo goes while gaining sponsors to support the habit. Any form of upper lip adornment is allowed, though you can't leave any hair on the chin. At the end of the month, there are parties all over Australia to determine who has the best mo and generally to celebrate the end of dodgy-looking characters being found in the bathroom mirror in the morning.

To go with the clean shave, I got a cut as well "just a little off the top" means something different in Australia apparently. I'm sure we'll have more pictures leading up to the Ironman - the big decision is if I end up with a good mo, do I race with it or shave it off?! My goal personally is to go for the Magnum PI / Booney look - big, bushy and proud. We'll see if a month is enough time, or if I get picked up in some police line-up before we find out. For now, Kristi and I have realised more than ever that Tim and I are quite clearly related - amazing that all it takes is me losing a few kilos and a goatee for the magic to happen. :-)

4 comments:

tim said...

Holy Goatee Batman! It's like I'm looking in the mirror. Eerie. I knew there was a reason one of us kept facial hair while the other was clean shaven. But I didn't know until now we could star in our own version of "Parent Trap". I'll be excited to see the moooostacho! Lookin' slick, daddio. Very nice. :)

Unknown said...

Looking good! < whistle >

haarsby said...

Wow...who's that guy? Tim is pretty good at the picture stuff...did he somehow merge your pictures together....you all could be twins, how cute is that!

Unknown said...

Crazy! I had to take a second look at the new guy on the blog...