It now seems like forever since our post from Fitzroy Crossing, and in terms of kilometers thats a pretty close comparison. We had great fun on the rest of the tour, with some time at Cape Leveque in the remote near-isolation of a coastal beach enjoying the sunshine and capped off with a marvelous camel ride on Cable Beach in Broome just before hopping on the plane home. The flights and such were unremarkable, the luggage arrived, and we got home safe and sound.
Once home it didn't take long to get back into the real world - in our time away, our internet still hadn't been fixed and we were without connectivity for another three days trying to figure out what the problem was. Nothing is easy, but after 3hrs on the phone with the internet folks and another few hours on the phone with telephone folks we got it sorted and are now happily surfing (and blogging) away. Family, please prepare for phone calls this weekend as we try to catch up! (Josh's peeps probably on Friday night your time, Kristi's on Saturday)
The last tidbit to share is that once more our packing skills will be put to the test. Myra is going to be shocked that she will have missed two of our moves now! Due to some miscommunications with the housing people we have to leave the current place by August 18 and at this point don't have a place to move into! We're pushing to get another two bedroom/two bathroom place but apparently rents in Melbourne have risen a bit so we're being shown some smaller units. Visitors shouldn't panic, we'll still have plenty of space you just might have to wait for Josh to finish shaving in the morning before you can get into the bathroom. :-P
Pictures from the trip will be getting posted as quick as possible, we'll post a blog to let you know when they're up.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow, you have to move again? That stinks but you'll survive. Sean and I have been talking a lot about Australia lately and how much we MISS it. I'm as shocked as you that I miss it that much! : ) I hope you find a great place. When do you plan to return to the states? I can't wait to see the latest trip pictures.
We met up with a Kiwi guy / American girl couple recently and it was great to chat with him and get our little southern hemisphere fix.
Where are you going to look for housing this time?
I am of course crushed and frustrated that I can't be of use in your move. No $ for hiring a moving person? I could be bought, but the schedule would be tight as we leave on vacation on Aug. 18. You two sure know how to have adventures.
Post a Comment