Once again the travels have come to an end and we have returned to our home in Melbourne. It only took 4 airports (with associated airplanes), 1 tram, 2 buses, 1 taxi and 26hrs of traveling. Not much when you compare it to the old pioneers who took weeks to cross Kansas in covered wagons, but it still takes a toll. When we landed in Melbourne at 5am, Kristi was still planning on going in to work today - once we got our bags through customs and started heading home almost 2hrs later it was a different story. Josh had already planned to work from home (catching up on e-mail and such while laying low) and it soon was clear that Kristi should stay home as well to recuperate from the effects of traveling.
We'll be sifting through the pictures that we took on the trip (only 770) this week and should have some links and stories to share over the weekend. An exciting thing we found upon our arrival home is that we now have a Flexi-Car only a block away from the apartment - yeehah! Inexpensive hourly car rental (and therefore easier city excursions) here we come! In the meantime, based on our many hours of experience today, we're able to share these words of wisdom: Jetlag sucks.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't wait to hear about the trip! Love you guys!
I haven't read your blog in a few weeks, but all I can say is DANG!!! Between Kristi's illness, Josh's fate with a car and a trip to multiple countries drinking wine - you two are full of adventure and drama (just kidding) that I really need to stay caught up on your site. I live vicariously through the two of you.
I'm glad you both are feeling better and are mended.
Miss you guys.
Post a Comment