Thursday, September 13, 2007

Climbing

Josh here with some news to share - probably not as exciting as the electricity flicker that we had, but good nonetheless. The whole reason we're able to be in Australia is due to my work with Accenture. After spending 6 years with the firm and progressing into the ranks of Consultant, this year marked my first opportunity to go for the level of Manager. This would put me into what the firm calls the 'Executive' ranks - no longer a just a worker bee.

Well, the votes are in and the results are tallied - I'm in! As of September 1, I now have the title of Manager and it looks like things are moving around such that I could end up with a team to even manage here in the next couple months. One of the major perks that is particularly applicable to us right now, is that for flights of longer than 8hrs (and when on work duties) I get to fly business class - this means that when we eventually go home, BOTH Kristi and I get to go in style!

6 comments:

haarsby said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Yay for workin your way up! Talk to you later this weekend! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

Josh-you are the MAN (-ager that is) Congrats on putting together talent and hard work and coming out further up the ladder and stretched out in business class!!

TriShannon said...

Congrats!!! Moving on up!!

Sorry to hear about the electric issues from the previous post. Hope everything got worked out!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you!!!!! What an accomplishment!

P.s. Koby loves is shirt! Thank you so much! He always asks about Australia now! Next time he wears it I will try to get a pic!

tim said...

You are THE MAN. I've always known it and it's good to hear that the folks with Accenture are investing in their good people, moving you up. Congratulations, and enjoy the fully reclining seats!! :)