The brief update (for those that don't want to read comments) is that I finished Ironman Western Australia in a total time of 12hours, 37minutes and 16 seconds. My splits were roughly 1:10 for the swim, 6:10 for the bike and 5:15 for the marathon - throw in some extra for transition and rounding and there you go. Overall, things went really well - the swim was FANTASTIC and definitely a highlight of the day since I was expecting a 1:30-ish. The bike was tough, but I took it easy, stayed well hydrated and visited almost every single porta-loo on the course. The marathon was a different story though and I started off only 'ok' instead of 'good' and it went downhill from there. For quite a while I couldn't tell if it would be better or worse to just puke everything up or not - decided not and walked for a while to soothe the tummy. In the end I got it going again (slowly) and was able to enjoy a jog down the finish chute, high-fiving all the kids and cheerleaders that they had lining the finish. The sunburn souvenirs that I have are pretty interesting, and there are some lingering pains, but thanks to all the support from friends and family both near and far it was a journey I won't soon forget. I don't plan on repeating it anytime soon either (though my coach says I'll change my mind in a week)!
More pictures and such will be posted once we're back in Melbourne. For now, we need to figure out where we're staying tonight since our B&B misplaced our booking!!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We've been checking this everyday, Josh, and its nice to hear your rendition, not just the stats from the website. Congratulations from both of us, over and over!!! Talk and see you soon! Love, L&L
You are a rockstar!! Can't wait to see you guys!! Miss you and much love! The baby sis
You will change your mind!! I cannot get it out of my mind... when can I do it again? You up for IMAZ in Nov. 08?
Congratulations again... amazing splits and total time!!
Congratulations Josh! What a great accomplishment...
Post a Comment