I showed up on Monday morning at work and found out that I had actually won something at the raffle! Not just something, but actually had taken home the grand prize!! What is the grand prize you might ask? Turns out that kindergarten raffles are a great deal around here because the prize was $600 worth of wine and spirits!! This is KINDERGARTEN!! I really should go back to school if this is what they've got going for them.
So here's me with the loot - more hard stuff than we've ever had on hand before along with some very nice bottles of wine (including a "big" bottle) so we don't have to spend money on alcohol for quite a while.
SO that was Monday....
Wednesday came along with a meet up with the Nike running group in Port Melbourne - after a rainy and cold run, for some reason that we still haven't figured out I ended up winning a Nike running hat! I'm telling you, so far the week has been great and hopefully it will continue.
More news coming this week as its been a busy one - keep an eye out for the rest of the updates here in a day or two.
4 comments:
WOO HOO!!! Yay for winning! Some days I wish I had that luck!
Melbourne Headlines: "Mysterious bicycle accident today in downtown. Man carrying a large basket of liquor collides with median narrowly missing a passing wallaby. When confronted by police, the man was quoted,"I sw-swear, oss-ociffer, I'm only drink- (hiccup)-ing because s-s-some wiley kid-ner (burp) kin-der gartners made me d-do it... I'm an edu-ma-cation-ul supporter."
The man was taken into custody and is currently awaiting bail. The wallaby may press charges.
Those kindergarteners know how to party! But seriously, if you've ever spent a day with 20-some kindergarteners, you know that it is a good idea to have some adult beverages on hand. :) Congrats!
Wow... that is quite the prize for a kindergarten raffle! Congrats! Oh, and you guys always had luck at those Niketown running raffles. Didn't Kristi win several times?
Post a Comment