Friday, March 30, 2007

Kristi Gets a Job

I know most of you thought I would try use this moving to Australia thing as an excuse for an extremely long vacation, and I know others were hoping for great/grandchildren out of the deal...but instead I have chosen to become a working member of the business world yet again. Starting this coming Monday I will become the "Science and Marketing Administrator" for EvoGenix Limited (a nice title, don't you think?)

From what I understand at this point, EvoGenix completes research to humanize and optimize specified antibodies to fight diseases such as osteoporosis, different types of cancers, and leukemia (to name a few). They are a small company with 23 people in the Melbourne office, 3 in Sydney, and 2 in California. Twenty-two of the 23 people in Melbourne are lab scientists actually working with the antibodies, and the VP of Business Development and Marketing is also located in Melbourne. My position will support both the lab and the business development/marketing aspects of the company. I will manage the lab in regard to supplies, equipment, and invoicing; and from what I can tell I will also be the right-hand-man to the VP (who is also the COO) and basically help him get processes in place and move forward with development and marketing activities.

The team of people I have met thus far are nice folks so I'm hoping this company will be a good fit for the time we are here. In talking with the team I feel there is room to make the most of the position, and as such I see potential for some positive growth and development in my career. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's lookin' at you kid...you'll be great!!

TriShannon said...

I know you will do great! Don't be nervous! Sounds like you will have a lot of responsibilities... much more than just a normal admin position. Put that brain to work!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Congrats on the new job - lovin' your title. :) I'll be sending positive vibes your way as you start out!

haarsby said...

Yay big sister! Health field is a good place to be!