Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye Arana

Friday was my last day at Arana. My colleagues had a going away lunch for me at the local pub and gave me a thoughtful card that contained so many kind words and a very generous giftcard to Myer that I'm thinking will translate nicely into new linen for massage. Before I left I had to take a photo with the blade sign that was *finally* installed (it was meant to be put up in November - at this stage I was just happy I got to see it!), and I called into the video conferencing unit to share a few last words with some of the folks in the Sydney office. It was very difficult to say goodbye, but I do hope to keep in touch while we remain in Australia (for instance, as soon as I finish this blog I will be headed to the beach for some volleyball with the gang!)

Although it was sad to say goodbye, my excitement is building to start the remedial massage course tomorrow. I feel a bit silly that I am nervous for the first day, but I really hope I enjoy it!

After my last day of work, Maria treated Josh and I to an amazing sushi experience at Shiranui. Having never tried a sushi course at a Japanese restaurant before, we hoped for the best and, fortunately, our expectations were far exceeded! The three of us sat at the sushi bar with our sake and were mesmerised as we watched the chefs plate up so many different types of sushi and sashimi. The head chef chose each course that was served to those of us sitting at the bar and we received two pieces for each course - only after we were done did we realise that we had eatten 8-10 courses! The sushi was just beautiful and our favourites included a seared salmon, ahi tuna, marinated marlin, blowtorch-fired kingfish, and a seared beef. The flavours were so big and mixed so well, it really was a beautiful meal with a great friend!

1 comment:

tim said...

Congrats on a big chapter ending and a new beginning! I'm so very excited for you and your massage endeavors!