Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rugby Union

We're running a bit behind on posts to the blog, we always seem to be posting about last week! That being said, last Saturday we enjoyed our first experience of Rugby Union. This time we watched the Australian National Team (the Qantas Wallabies) take on the Irish at the Telstra Dome. A much larger venue and crowd, and also seats a lot closer to the action! We went with a group of Josh's colleagues and had an absolute blast. The game was a nice mix of action and entertainment, with some fantastic runs by both teams throughout the game. In the end, the Australians took home the victory after working hard to keep the Irish out of the goal in the closing minutes. We stuck around after the game to watch the interviews and ended up chatting with one of the Aussie players - turns out he's the same age as Josh, it just doesn't look like it when you see him.

3 comments:

TriShannon said...

Whoa... he looks tough!

Josh - can I interest you in Ironman Coeur d'Alene? :-)

Unknown said...

Josh...Wendy and Gregg signed up...you'd have some Gillette company!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm.....the only reason this is tempting is because I could do at least part of my training in the Australian summer. I'm not sure I'm up for hills and a frozen swim. I remember it snowing the last time I drove through Coeur d'Alene in June.